The Day the Crayons Quit with Ms. April
Today's Social Emotional Adventure
Today we focused on teamwork. We talked about how most of the time, it is easier to work with a group of friends, or a 'team' than to work alone. We read the story 'The Day the Crayons Quit' and discussed how each of the crayons was feeling.
After we read the book, we talked about different ways to color a picture if crayons were not available. The students then used their fine motor skills to tear colored paper and used it to 'color' a picture! They had a great time with this, and we loved seeing different colors used for items such as ducks, dinosaurs, and sunshine.
'The Day the Crayons Quit' by Drew Daywalt
Standards Introduced or Practiced
30. A.ECc Express Feelings
31. A.ECb Recognize feelings and perspectives
31. A.ECc Interact with Adults
31. B.ECa Interact with Peers
Questions to Ask Your Child Tonight
1. Why did the crayons decide to quit?
2. Is it easier to work with a team or by yourself?
3. What color could you use to color a humpback whale if the blue crayon was tired?
4. What would you say to the orange and yellow crayons that were arguing?